We forgot to write a development update last week, so we are including last week's work in this update as well.
Worked a lot these last two weeks on readying [Moving SQL views to diesel](https://github.com/LemmyNet/lemmy/issues/1275) for production, including pushing a [v0.9.0 release candidate](https://lemmy.ml/post/47520) to our federation test servers, to make sure everything works. We're looking to deploy this within 1-2 weeks. Its been about a month and a half of work, and touched nearly every part of lemmy and its UI.
- Did lots of query performance testing, and added a lot of SQL indexes to get performance of every major query down to < 30ms.
- Fixed site counts to only count local users, communities, and posts.
- Added API docs for the Lemmy API v2, opened an issue on lemmur to support API v2.
- Fixed an issue with nodeinfo openRegistration field
- Fixed some issues with drone, including our tagged docker release process.
- Fixed a stack-overflow bug having to do with post url searching.
- Lots of fixes to lemmy-ui to get websocket notifs, mentions, private messages, and comment replies working correctly.
- Fixed sidebar icon link wrapping
I didn't get a lot of coding done because of some personal stuff, and because I was hesitant to make major changes with the database rewrite underway. For those reasons I focused on smaller bug fixes, and other areas such as documentation.
- Various tasks towards compliance with the ActivityPub standard:
- Posts, comments etc from another community are now marked as deleted on fetch, even when we didn't receive the delete activity
- Thought about how to improve our error handling, so a database error `NotFound` correctly returns HTTP 404 (so far I didn't find a good solution)
- Debugged and finished a PR which ensures that comments are always delivered to the author of the parent comment/post (with help from @dessalines)
- Moved documentation into separate repo, and setup a way to translate it
- Simplified the slur filter, removing some terms which were giving false positives in different languages, and others that were really uncommon
- Added a flag to Cargo.toml to speed up builds (`debug=0`)
- Wrote a script to measure Lemmy compilation time, so that I can make a comparison between Lemmy v0.8.10 and v0.9.0 (the new version should be a lot faster)
The Activitypub standard doesnt mandate any specific properties, not the title and not even the content which Mastodon sends. Thats one problem with Activitypub, you can send almost anything you want and its technically valid (even if no other platform can handle it). However the presence or lack of a title isnt really related to groups.